Area of Emphasis Wood and Metal Craft, The Pedagogical Room of Craft (1-15 credits), 15 credits
Trä- och metallslöjd på distans, kurs 1 - Det pedagogiska slöjdrummet, 1-15hp, 15 hp
Main field of studyNo main field of study
Course levelFirst cycle
Course typeProgramme course
Course coordinatorUlf Härdner
Director of studies or equivalentLisbeth Hurtig
Anders Narbrink, kursansvarig lärare
Carina Skoog, administratör
Jennie Wallin, studievägledare
|Course offered for||Semester||Weeks||Language||Campus||ECV|
|Single subject course (Half-time, Day-time)||Spring 2022||202204-202223||Swedish||Linköping|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||1 (Spring 2022)||202204-202223||Swedish||Linköping||E|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||2 (Spring 2022)||202204-202223||Swedish||Linköping||E|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||3 (Spring 2022)||202204-202223||Swedish||Linköping||E|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||4 (Spring 2022)||202204-202223||Swedish||Linköping||E|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||5 (Spring 2022)||202204-202223||Swedish||Linköping||E|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||6 (Spring 2022)||202204-202223||Swedish||Linköping||E|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||7 (Spring 2022)||202204-202223||Swedish||Linköping||E|
Main field of studyNo main field of study
Course levelFirst cycle
Course offered for
- VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers
General entry requirements for undergraduate studies
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- account for the basic concepts and forms of knowledge of craft - document and present the organisation of the craft room - reflect on the contents of the national course syllabi of craft - reflect on children's creative skills connected to the craft room - use different sketch and design methods in two dimensions - work practically with basic materials, tools/instruments and techniques with the main focus on materials and hand tools - demonstrate a basic scholarly approach to the materials, techniques and creative processes of crafts - present and account for experiences of the own working process and product - use and communicate via ICT
The course includes studies of the organisation and activities of craft, and basic concepts of the field of craft. The student should work with theories of the development of children through creative craft. The course includes exercises in two-dimensional design. The course contains practical work with basic materials and craft techniques, mainly with hand tools/instruments. The practical work is combined with studies of working environment issues and studies of various instruments/tools, and care of these. The student's ideas are developed, processed, applied and evaluated in completed crafts. An important part is to lay the foundation of a didactic approach. The course includes exercises and assignments that give the students occasion to reflect on how their own knowledge is turned into craft education. To receive, send and present documents with ICT is included in the course.
Teaching and working methods
In the course, a problem-oriented working method is utilised, and it is carried out as a distance course with three physical meetings. Textile, wood and metal students work both with individual and group assignments.
Between course meetings, the students carry out individual craft assignments within the subject area and subject didactics, and communicate with each another and the course director via ICT.
The teaching takes the form of literature studies, lectures, supervision, seminars, study visits, placement and practical work independently and in groups.
The course is examined individually through written, oral and visual presentations, take-home examination, and demonstration of applied didactic teaching skills.
Applies to all courses regardless of grading scale.
- Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
If the course has a three-graded grading scale (U - VG), following applies:
- Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
The following applies to courses that include a compulsory component:
- If special circumstances prevail, and if it is possible with consideration of the nature of the compulsory component, the examiner may decide to replace the compulsory component with another equivalent component.
If the LiU coordinator for students with disabilities has granted a student the right to an adapted examination for a written examination in an examination hall, the student has the right to it.
If the coordinator has recommended for the student an adapted examination or alternative form of examination, the examiner may grant this if the examiner assesses that it is possible, based on consideration of the course objectives.
An examiner may also decide that an adapted examination or alternative form of examination if the examiner assessed that special circumstances prevail, and the examiner assesses that it is possible while maintaining the objectives of the course.
GradesThree-grade scale, U, G, VG
Other informationCourse revised 2020-04-02; Dnr LiU-2020-01361
Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.
If special circumstances prevail, the vice-chancellor may in a special decision specify the preconditions for temporary deviations from this course syllabus, and delegate the right to take such decisions.
About teaching and examination language
The teaching language is presented in the Overview tab for each course. The examination language relates to the teaching language as follows:
- If teaching language is Swedish, the course as a whole or in large parts, is taught in Swedish. Please note that although teaching language is Swedish, parts of the course could be given in English. Examination language is Swedish.
- If teaching language is Swedish/English, the course as a whole will be taught in English if students without prior knowledge of the Swedish language participate. Examination language is Swedish or English (depending on teaching language).
- If teaching language is English, the course as a whole is taught in English. Examination language is English.
DepartmentInstitutionen för kultur och samhälle
|SKR1||Written Examination||2 credits||U, G, VG|
|SKR2||Written Examination||3 credits||U, G, VG|
|PRA3||Practical Examination||5 credits||U, G, VG|
|PRA4||Practical Examination||5 credits||U, G, VG|
This tab contains public material from the course room in Lisam. The information published here is not legally binding, such material can be found under the other tabs on this page. Click on a file to download and open it.
|919G26 D1 textil Litteraturlista vt 22||919G26 D1 textil Litteraturlista vt 22.pdf|