Main field of studyPedagogical Work Education
Course levelSecond cycle
Course typeProgramme course
ExaminerCamilla Sandström Prytz
Course coordinatorCamilla Sandström Prytz
Director of studies or equivalentMargareta Engvall
Main field of studyPedagogical Work, Education
Course levelSecond cycle
Course offered for
- Secondary School Teacher Programme with a specialization in Teaching in the Upper-Secondary School, subject Swedish
- Secondary School Teacher Programme with a specialization in Teaching in the Upper-Secondary School, subject History
- Secondary School Teacher Programme with a specialization in Teaching in the Upper-Secondary School, subject Biology
- Secondary School Teacher Programme with a specialization in Teaching in the Upper-Secondary School, subject Mathematics
- Secondary School Teacher Programme with a specialization in Teaching in the Upper-Secondary School, subject Social Studies
- Secondary School Teacher Programme with a specialization in Teaching in the Upper-Secondary School, subject English
A student may be compelled to interrupt education in the workplace prematurely and be given a fail grade if there is a palpable risk that the student, as a result of serious impropriety, risks harming a person in the operations, such as a pupil, patient or equivalent. The student may not return to participate in the education in the workplace until the examiner has determined and confirmed that the student has the knowledge and skills required such that the risk of harm to another person does not arise. A student has the right to a maximum of two such episodes.
Education in the workplace requires work equivalent of about 40 hours per week for a full-time student.
On the condition that sufficient grounds for assessment of the performance of a student during education in the workplace relative to the objectives of the course are available, a grade may be set even if the student has been partially absent from the education in the workplace or has interrupted it prematurely.
Applies to all courses regardless of grading scale.
- Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
If the course has a three-graded grading scale (U - VG), following applies:
- Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
The following applies to courses that include a compulsory component:
- If special circumstances prevail, and if it is possible with consideration of the nature of the compulsory component, the examiner may decide to replace the compulsory component with another equivalent component.
If the LiU coordinator for students with disabilities has granted a student the right to an adapted examination for a written examination in an examination hall, the student has the right to it. If the coordinator has instead recommended for the student an adapted examination or alternative form of examination, the examiner may grant this if the examiner assesses that it is possible, based on consideration of the course objectives.
GradesThree-grade scale, U, G, VG
Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.
DepartmentInstitutionen för beteendevetenskap och lärande
|TDL1||Applied didactical teaching skills||7 credits||U, G, VG|
|TSL1||Applied social teaching skills||5.5 credits||U, G, VG|
|POR1||Portfolio||1 credits||U, G, VG|
This tab contains public material from the course room in Lisam. The information published here is not legally binding, such material can be found under the other tabs on this page. Click on a file to download and open it.