Main field of studyEducation Special Education
Course levelSecond cycle
Course typeProgramme course
Course coordinatorTove Mattsson, Mathilda Hallberg
Director of studies or equivalentHenrik Lindqvist, Åsa Järnvall
Main field of studyEducation, Special Education
Course levelSecond cycle
Course offered for
- Secondary School Teacher Programme with a specialization in Teaching in Grades 7-9 of the Compulsory School
- Secondary School Teacher Programme with a specialization in Teaching in the Upper-Secondary School
Applies to all courses regardless of grading scale.
- Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
If the course has a three-graded grading scale (U - VG), following applies:
- Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
The following applies to courses that include a compulsory component:
- If special circumstances prevail, and if it is possible with consideration of the nature of the compulsory component, the examiner may decide to replace the compulsory component with another equivalent component.
If the LiU coordinator for students with disabilities has granted a student the right to an adapted examination for a written examination in an examination hall, the student has the right to it.
If the coordinator has recommended for the student an adapted examination or alternative form of examination, the examiner may grant this if the examiner assesses that it is possible, based on consideration of the course objectives.
An examiner may also decide that an adapted examination or alternative form of examination if the examiner assessed that special circumstances prevail, and the examiner assesses that it is possible while maintaining the objectives of the course.
GradesThree-grade scale, U, G, VG
Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.
If special circumstances prevail, the vice-chancellor may in a special decision specify the preconditions for temporary deviations from this course syllabus, and delegate the right to take such decisions.
About teaching and examination language
The teaching language is presented in the Overview tab for each course. The examination language relates to the teaching language as follows:
- If teaching language is Swedish, the course as a whole or in large parts, is taught in Swedish. Please note that although teaching language is Swedish, parts of the course could be given in English. Examination language is Swedish.
- If teaching language is Swedish/English, the course as a whole will be taught in English if students without prior knowledge of the Swedish language participate. Examination language is Swedish or English (depending on teaching language).
- If teaching language is English, the course as a whole is taught in English. Examination language is English.
DepartmentInstitutionen för beteendevetenskap och lärande
|SRE1||Written presentation||2 credits||U, G|
|SRE2||Written presentation||5.5 credits||U, G, VG|
ISBN: 9147143258, 9789147143252
This tab contains public material from the course room in Lisam. The information published here is not legally binding, such material can be found under the other tabs on this page. Click on a file to download and open it.